A 21-year-old man was being held without bond this week after being charged on March 15 with the murder of lesbian DJ Salina “Salamander” Rivera, 27, who was found shot to death three days earlier outside her residence in Hyattsville.
Fox 5 News interviewed a woman who identified herself as Rivera’s girlfriend who asked not to be identified or have her face shown on camera.
“She was beautiful and soft and kind hearted and strong and just and fair and understanding and all she ever wanted was peace,” the girlfriend told Fox 5 News in describing Rivera.
Continue reading: https://lgbt.10ztalk.com/2019/03/19/
Fundraiser for Salina Rivera’s funeral costs: https://www.gofundme.com/funeral-arrangements-for-salina-rivera
We honour the following sisters:
- Brenda Lorena Alvarado Montoya (2019) – Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Thuthukile Mabasa (2018) – Capetown, South Africa
- Nicole Saavedra (2016) – Valparaiso, Brazil
- Sidney Loofe (2017) – Nebraska, USA
- Anne Mikaelly (2018) – Brasilia, Brazil
- Unathi Bixa (2017) – Capetown, South Africa
- Charlene Ranstrom and Brenda Warner (1988) – Nashua, New Hampshire
- Cassie Hayes (2018) – Southport, Mercyside, England
- Marielle Franco (2018) – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Elke W. and Beate N. (2016) – Gersthofen-Hirblingen, Germany
- Anisha and Joey van Niekerk (2017) – Magaliesberg, South Africa
- Kaladaa Crowell (and her 11 year-old daughter, Kyra Inglett) (2017) – West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
- Noxolo Xakeka (2018) – Lwandle, South Africa
- Kerrice Lewis (2018) – Washington, D.C., USA
- Shanta Myers and Brandi Mells (and Shanta’s two children, Shanise Myers and Jeremiah Myers) (2017) – Troy, New York, USA
- Josanne Maria Almeida da Silva and Ana Paula da Silva Pereira (2017) – Manaus, Brazil
- Quezia Kassya (2017) – San Paulo, Brazil
- Georgann Lee Smith (2009) – Sarasota, Florida, USA
- Ana Flávia Leitão (2017) – Cataguases, Brazil
- Irani Ribeiro de Medeiros (2017) – Várzea Grande (Mato Grosso), Brazil.
- Felicia Dormans (2017) – Mount Holly, New Jersey, USA.
- Lyndsey Vaux (2016) – Wigan, United Kingdom
Continue reading at: http://inmemoriamlesbian.blogspot.com/
Posted in Listening 2 Lesbians
Tagged Ana Flavia Leitao, Ana Paula da Silva Pereira, Anisha van Niekerk, Anne Mikaelly, Beate N, Brandi Mells, Brenda Lorena Alvarado Montoya, Brenda Warner, Cassie Hayes, Charlene Ranstrom, Children of lesbian parents, Elke W, Felicia Dormans, Georgeann Lee Smith, In memoriam, Irani Ribeiro de Medeiros, Jeremiah Myers, Joey van Niekerk, Josanne Maria Almeida da Silva, Kaladaa Crowell, Kerrice Lewis, Kyra Inglett, Lesbian Mothers, Lesbian Murder Victims, Lesbians in Brazil, Lesbians in Germany, Lesbians in Honduras, Lesbians in South Africa, Lesbians in the U.K., Lesbians in the U.S., Lyndsey Vaux, male violence against women, Marielle Franco, murder of lesbian, Nicole Saavedra, Noxolo Xakeka, Quezia Kassya, Shanise Myers, Shanta Myers, Sidney Loofe, Thuthukile Mabasa, Unathi Bixa, violence against children, violence against lesbians, violence against women
Between 2014 and 2017 the murders of lesbian women increased by 237%. The study ” Murdered by lesbophobia – The stories that no one has” made by “We – Feminists Dissidences” collective, shows both how crimes have increased and also that in most cases the murdered women were young and black.
In Brazil, lesbian women face many dangers, it goes beyond lesbophobia, it is also machismo, misogyny and racism. “Lesbians are sexually and affectively exclusively with women, but the main lesbian killers in Brazil are men,” says Cinthia Abreu, member of the World March of Women and March of Black Women of São Paulo.
Entre 2014 y 2017 el asesinatos de mujeres lesbianas aumentó un 237%. El estudio “Asesinadas por lesbofobia – Las historias que nadie cuenta”, hecho por el colectivo “Nosotras – Disidencias Feministas”, además de mostrar cómo han aumentado los crímenes demuestra que en la mayoría de los casos las mujeres asesinadas eran jóvenes y negras.
En Brasil las mujeres lesbianas se encuentran ante muchos peligros, va más allá de la lesbofobia, también es el machismo, la misoginia y el racismo. “Las lesbianas se relacionan sexual y afectivamente exclusivamente con mujeres, pero los principales asesinos de lesbianas en Brasil son hombres”, afirma Cinthia Abreu, integrante de la Marcha Mundial de Mujeres y Marcha de Mujeres Negras de São Paulo.
Continue reading at: http://www.mirales.es/el-asesinato-a-mujeres-lesbianas-en-brasil-ha-aumentado-un-237/ (Source)
Posted in News
Tagged Black lesbians, corrective rape, Discrimination, harassment, Hate crimes, Lesbian Murder Victims, Lesbians in Brazil, lesbians of colour, Lesbophobia, male violence against women, murder of lesbian, persecution