We honour the following sisters:
- Brenda Lorena Alvarado Montoya (2019) – Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Thuthukile Mabasa (2018) – Capetown, South Africa
- Nicole Saavedra (2016) – Valparaiso, Brazil
- Sidney Loofe (2017) – Nebraska, USA
- Anne Mikaelly (2018) – Brasilia, Brazil
- Unathi Bixa (2017) – Capetown, South Africa
- Charlene Ranstrom and Brenda Warner (1988) – Nashua, New Hampshire
- Cassie Hayes (2018) – Southport, Mercyside, England
- Marielle Franco (2018) – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Elke W. and Beate N. (2016) – Gersthofen-Hirblingen, Germany
- Anisha and Joey van Niekerk (2017) – Magaliesberg, South Africa
- Kaladaa Crowell (and her 11 year-old daughter, Kyra Inglett) (2017) – West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
- Noxolo Xakeka (2018) – Lwandle, South Africa
- Kerrice Lewis (2018) – Washington, D.C., USA
- Shanta Myers and Brandi Mells (and Shanta’s two children, Shanise Myers and Jeremiah Myers) (2017) – Troy, New York, USA
- Josanne Maria Almeida da Silva and Ana Paula da Silva Pereira (2017) – Manaus, Brazil
- Quezia Kassya (2017) – San Paulo, Brazil
- Georgann Lee Smith (2009) – Sarasota, Florida, USA
- Ana Flávia Leitão (2017) – Cataguases, Brazil
- Irani Ribeiro de Medeiros (2017) – Várzea Grande (Mato Grosso), Brazil.
- Felicia Dormans (2017) – Mount Holly, New Jersey, USA.
- Lyndsey Vaux (2016) – Wigan, United Kingdom
Continue reading at: http://inmemoriamlesbian.blogspot.com/
Posted in Listening 2 Lesbians
Tagged Ana Flavia Leitao, Ana Paula da Silva Pereira, Anisha van Niekerk, Anne Mikaelly, Beate N, Brandi Mells, Brenda Lorena Alvarado Montoya, Brenda Warner, Cassie Hayes, Charlene Ranstrom, Children of lesbian parents, Elke W, Felicia Dormans, Georgeann Lee Smith, In memoriam, Irani Ribeiro de Medeiros, Jeremiah Myers, Joey van Niekerk, Josanne Maria Almeida da Silva, Kaladaa Crowell, Kerrice Lewis, Kyra Inglett, Lesbian Mothers, Lesbian Murder Victims, Lesbians in Brazil, Lesbians in Germany, Lesbians in Honduras, Lesbians in South Africa, Lesbians in the U.K., Lesbians in the U.S., Lyndsey Vaux, male violence against women, Marielle Franco, murder of lesbian, Nicole Saavedra, Noxolo Xakeka, Quezia Kassya, Shanise Myers, Shanta Myers, Sidney Loofe, Thuthukile Mabasa, Unathi Bixa, violence against children, violence against lesbians, violence against women
The only crime Noxolo Xakeka from Strand committed was that she was a lesbian. She was stabbed to death on New Year’s Day.
During celebrations in a shack in Blaau Street, Lwandle, the 23-year-old mother was harassed, called names and assaulted before being stabbed to death by a young man. Her family claim the attack was because of her sexual orientation.
Continue reading at: https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/western-cape/lesbian-23-stabbed-to-death-in-strand-shebeen-12618736 (Source)