- South Africa: Lesbian Woman “Stoned to Death” After Lesbophobic Threats
- South Africa: Lesbian Stabbed to Death for Rejecting Man’s Advances
- Argentina: Lesbian Higui acquitted after brutal attack and attempted corrective rape
- Grave fears for lesbian basketballer Brittney Griner detained in Russia
- U.S: Lesbian slurs used by Grant County staff to describe job applicant
- U.K: Lesbian couple forced to move home after being hounded by neighbour
- Australia: Lesbian forced out of army will address Royal Commission
- U.S: Tesla Sued by Lesbian for Racism and Homophobia
- Brazil: young lesbian attacked in nightclub
- Italy: lesbian couple threatened
- Mexico: Lesbian couple found murdered
- U.S: Lesbian National Guard member sues for discrimination
- Lesbian pop star Denise Ho arrested amid growing crackdown against China’s critics
- Lesbian flees Afghanistan to escape forced marriage to Taliban member
- Iran: Lesbian Activist Arrested in Iran, Faces Death Penalty
- Feminist Author and Educator bell hooks Dies Age 69
- Cameroon: Leaked sex tape puts lesbian soccer star at risk
- Italy: Woman attacked by parents because she’s lesbian
- U.S: Lesbian couple gunned down trying to protect pregnant daughter
- Ghana: Teenager Raped as Punishment for Lesbianism
- South Africa: Slain lesbian’s family suspect hate of her sexuality behind crime
- Hong Kong: Man accused of concealing his sex to rape lesbian cleared of all charges
- U.S: Man punches woman in lesbophobic attack
- Lesbian gamers say Twitch is failing them
- U.S: Lesbian couple win damages after company refused to rent to them
- ILD: The Incredible Story of Del and Phyllis
- ILD: Julie Bindel: “Martina remains a role model for all lesbians. She set a standard, and she made a difference, by breaking barriers and being brave.”
- ILD: Javiera Mena on lesbian representation in Latin American music
- ILD: Lesbian Olympian rocks the basketball court
- ILD: Lesbian Couple Talk About Being Out and Same-Sex Parents in Russia
- Follow Listening to Lesbians on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Lesbians in Zimbabwe
Angel fled Zimbabwe in fear of her life after police found her in bed with another woman five years ago. It’s taken most of the time since then for her to convince the Home Office that she is gay and will be persecuted if she returns. But how do you prove something you spent your life trying to hide?
In 2015, Angel found herself in an interview room in the north of England with a Home Office official whose job was to work out whether she was lying.
“How do I know I am a lesbian? How old was I when I knew? Who did I tell?” Angel recalls being asked.
“It is as if the Home Office expect a date and time.”
For seven hours, the interviewer picked at the threads of her life story.
The secret relationship with a girl at high-school and the betrayal of a family member she confided in about it.
Her forced marriage to an abusive husband in her 20s and the young daughter she had left behind in Zimbabwe.
Being raped by two men in her 30s who intended to “straighten her up”. And then, a few years later, the brutality from police when they discovered her in bed with a woman at a house-party.
Continue reading: https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-51636642 (source)
Paradzai Nkomo’s emailed description of her situation is succinct and shocking. She is Zimbabwean and has been in Britain for 15 years. First her application for asylum was rejected and then her request to be deported home was also refused, leaving her stuck in limbo.“It’s difficult to integrate as I am not permitted to work. Conversation becomes repetitive because of not doing anything apart from looking out of a damp, drenched window day after day. Hiding malnutrition under borrowed clothes,” she writes. “A quest for freedom has now turned into a hellish nightmare. I feel as though death may be the only way out of this.”
Continue reading at: Asylum limbo: the woman who can’t stay in Britain, but can’t leave either | World news | The Guardian (Source)