Three years after her death, relatives, friends and women’s organizations together with LGBT collectives, demand that the Court criminalize the murder of Nicole Saavedra as a hate crime for lesbicide. The action is part of a series of activities coordinated at the national level in the framework of the so-called Month of Lesbian Visibility, which is commemorated each year by remembering lesbian women victims of lesbophobic violence where there is still no justice. … Nicole’s body was found on June 25, 2016 in Los Aromos Reservoir in Limache, with clear signs of having been tortured. Since the fateful date, those responsible for the crime have not yet been found.
- Update: Nicole Saavedra’s family still fighting for justice four years after the young lesbian’s death
- When a lesbian dies: the search for justice for Nicole Saavedra and DJ Anna Cook
- Update: Arrest finally made over young lesbian Nicole Saavedra’s 2016 rape and murder
- Chile: The Red Zone: A place where butch lesbians live in fear
- Chile: three years after her lesbicide, still no justice for Nicole Saavedra
- In Memoriam: Lesbian Murder Victims (March 2019 Update)