L-Support, a Berlin based organisation offering victim support for lesbian, bisexual and queer women, reported an increase in violence against lesbians and other same sex attracted women in their 2019 report:
- 38% increase in crimes reported (36 in 2019), 23 of which were homophobic crimes against lesbians in 2019
- 1/3 of the people L-Support speak to have experienced homophobic abuse at some point
- Victim ages ranged from 18 to over 50, with most aged between 18 and 40.
- Incidents reported included:
- Aggressive verbal attacks (16)
- Harassment (5)
- Being spat on (2)
- Threatened (5)
- Physical assault and death threat (1)
The reports are limited, including because L-Support is a (largely) volunteer organisation which women cannot always access or contact.
Continue reading at: https://l-support.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Jahresbericht-2019-1.pdf (source)
German women can report a crime: https://l-support.net/meldeformular/ or contact L-Support on a Saturday or Sunday from 5 pm to 7 pm at 030 216 22 99 as well as by email at email@example.com.
Wenn du Fragen hast oder Beratung brauchst, erreichst du uns jeden Samstag und Sonntag von 17–19 Uhr unter 030 216 22 99 sowie jederzeit per Mail unter firstname.lastname@example.org.